Sunday, June 12, 2011

The start of a new "beginning"

To start things off, my name is Carrianne. I have 2 beautiful daughters. Allissa is 5 going on 6 in Sept. And McKenna who was born 3/3/11. We also have a son who passed  away on 2/15/08 at the age of 5.5 months old to a rare heart defect called hypoplastic left heart syndrome. His name was Trevor.

So I decided to start a blog about our up and coming homeschool journey. Right now, Allissa attends our local Christian school, and while we like it, it's just not for us right now. I feel a calling on my heart to homeschool and have for the last year and actually I feel terrible that I didn't start her off in kindergarten. She is starting homeschooling in the first grade.


Right now, I am searching for different homeschool curriculums. It's a lot of work and a lot of information is available. It can be overwhelming but I have a lot of support from my online friends on facebook :) The worst part is understanding NY state laws on homeschool. LOL.
Well off to bed here I will be posting everyday, sometimes maybe even a few times so check back as we start this new journey :)
Bless all!

No comments:

Post a Comment